3D-P is part of the Epiroc Group. Epiroc is a vital part of a sustainable society and a global productivity partner for mining and infrastructure customers. With ground-breaking technology, Epiroc develops and provides innovative and safe equipment, such as drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment and tools for surface and underground applications. The company also offers world-class service and other aftermarket support as well as solutions for automation, digitalization and electrification. Epiroc is based in Stockholm, Sweden had revenues of SEK 36 billion in 2020, and has 14 000 passionate employees supporting and collaborating with customers in about 150 countries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com
Decades of Success
The company operates as a separate entity, driven to provide technical solutions both through Epiroc and direct to customers. The company was founded in 1996 by a team of mining operations and mining technology experts with the goal of enabling world-class technologies for the mining sector. Today, 3D-P is not only a reseller and integrator of multiple wireless technologies but also a manufacturer of custom networking and computing hardware built specifically for the mining environment. Recently, 3D-P has evolved to include growth in other outdoor industrial verticals including oil & gas, ports, agriculture and municipal. The 3D-P team includes electrical, software, IT, mining, and wireless engineers, with decades of experience developing products and services for outdoor industrial network environments. Their solutions improve productivity and safety by simplifying the integration and wireless networking of mobile and stationary industrial equipment.
The Proven Market Leader
Performant, reliable, and trusted, 3D-P products and solutions are deployed in some of the largest mines in the world and their customer base includes some of the largest mining operators. No company has been deploying broadband IP-based wireless networks in the mining segment longer than 3D-P and only 3D-P develops open computing and wireless networking platforms that are designed specifically to survive the rigours of the surface mine.
A Global Reach
3D-P is a global company and is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. They have a field office/testing facility in Arizona and staff located throughout Canada, the US, Australia, and Peru.
3D-P’s Sales Executive (“SE”) is a consultative sales position responsible for accelerating revenue growth within the assigned region or within specific accounts, by developing, maintaining and effectively managing those customer accounts.
The SE is responsible for achieving sales quotas and assigned objectives within his territory and with specific accounts.
The SE represents the entire range of 3D-P Products and Services to her customers and prospects, while leading the customer account planning cycle, setting and executing account strategy, and ensuring objectives and expectations are met by 3D-P’s products and services.
• Reports to the Global Sales Manager
• Closely coordinates with Solutions Architect (“SA”) in consulting and designing solutions for customers within the assigned territory, or specifically assigned to the SE. Works closely with the SA and the Delivery and Support groups for implementation resources, post-implementation support, as well as other sales and management resources as needed.
• Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
Travel Required: up to 50%
• Develop a strong understanding of 3D-P’s value as an integrator from a technical perspective.
• Establish a sales strategy for your territory and assigned customers, and effectively communicate these strategies to the Global Sales Manager, management, and other departments within 3D-P, to deliver on your assigned quota.
• Excel at identifying and explaining the 3D-P value proposition, along with succeeding at sales negotiations through close and delivery.
• Provide professional and motivating value prop and proposal presentations to your customers, clearly presenting the solutions 3D-P can deliver to the audience.
• Balance business development and customer management activities against hunting for new opportunities to effectively grow your sales pipeline while maintaining customer satisfaction and renewal.
• Establish a professional working and consultative relationship at the Site Champion level, as well as with corporate executives to interpret business requirements and challenges, translating them into technical solutions and professional services opportunities.
• Research and develop a communicable level of expertise in the mining industry, major players, technologies, new mines, trends, pain points, etc.
• Write and deliver high-quality proposals and RFQ/RFI responses.
• Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual quotas.
• Aggressively maintain a high level of customer loyalty, building trust, and integrity in the sales cycle.
• Work with the CSM to ensure references are received.
• Embody 3D-P’s core values: Accountability, Performance, Dependability, Fun, Teamwork, Humanity and Quality & Value.
• Fully utilize the CRM system in the management of your pipeline, entering key contacts to enable marketing to support your efforts, and ensuring the accuracy of all opportunity information, providing the business clear visibility of opportunities on a daily basis.
• Provide feedback to leadership team on industry trends, key customers, and strategic partner activities
What We Are Looking For
• Proven relationship development and sales skills, with the ability and drive necessary to become a subject matter expert in mining technology systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred. Business degree with exposure to highly technical sales also considered.
• The ability to develop & maintain relationships and deliver consultative sales within a very long
sales/purchase cycle with challenges to maintaining those relationships and sales such as limited face to
face interaction, multi-national and long-range communication, etc.
• Understanding of radio and Wi-Fi communication networks an asset but not required.
• Expertise in relationship management, forecasting metrics, technical sales, CRM usage.
• A self-starter who is driven to understand and share highly technical solutions.
Ready to make the jump?
If you’re interested in the following open position, please introduce yourself and send your resume to Careers@3d-p.com
Come and join the pioneers of broadband wireless data in mining. 3D-P is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, First Nations, Metis, Inuit, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence we encourage you to apply.