3D-P is part of the Epiroc Group. Epiroc is a vital part of a sustainable society and a global productivity partner for mining and infrastructure customers. With ground-breaking technology, Epiroc develops and provides innovative and safe equipment, such as drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment and tools for surface and underground applications. The company also offers world-class service and other aftermarket support as well as solutions for automation, digitalization and electrification. Epiroc is based in Stockholm, Sweden had revenues of SEK 36 billion in 2020, and has 14 000 passionate employees supporting and collaborating with customers in about 150 countries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com
Decades of Success
The company operates as a separate entity, driven to provide technical solutions both through Epiroc and direct to customers. The company was founded in 1996 by a team of mining operations and mining technology experts with the goal of enabling world-class technologies for the mining sector. Today, 3D-P is not only a reseller and integrator of multiple wireless technologies but also a manufacturer of custom networking and computing hardware built specifically for the mining environment. Recently, 3D-P has evolved to include growth in other outdoor industrial verticals including oil & gas, ports, agriculture and municipal. The 3D-P team includes electrical, software, IT, mining, and wireless engineers, with decades of experience developing products and services for outdoor industrial network environments. Their solutions improve productivity and safety by simplifying the integration and wireless networking of mobile and stationary industrial equipment.
The Proven Market Leader
Performant, reliable, and trusted, 3D-P products and solutions are deployed in some of the largest mines in the world and their customer base includes some of the largest mining operators. No company has been deploying broadband IP-based wireless networks in the mining segment longer than 3D-P and only 3D-P develops open computing and wireless networking platforms that are designed specifically to survive the rigours of the surface mine.
A Global Reach
3D-P is a global company and is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. They have a field office/testing facility in Arizona and staff located throughout Canada, the US, Australia, and Peru.
Our engineering team is exposed to a diverse set of interesting problems and the solutions include a mix of 3D-P products and custom engineering. The prospective candidate will be exposed to a wide range of network-heavy applications and will be responsible for ensuring the stability of these applications. The ideal candidate is someone who derives satisfaction from taking systems apart to see how they work; some assembly is required. We are currently seeking to fill a position in Calgary.
- Work with a team to develop application requirements, implementation strategies and feature validation
- Develop automated tests based on an understanding of products and projects
- Develop documentation as needed to support deployments
- Work with technical teams to support application deployments
- Linux-based software development or sysadmin experience
- Experience with Python or another similar scripting language
- Familiarity with network hardware
- Familiarity with TCP/IP-based networking fundamentals
- Experience developing fault-tolerant applications
Nice to haves:
- Strong organizational skills for detecting and tracking patterns across systems over time
- Ability to prepare and maintain documentation for technical- and end-user consumption
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- A strong technical background. Proven ability to research and troubleshoot problems
- Solid ability to communicate in the English language
Network Support Analyst
We are looking for a communicator – someone that can bridge the gap between the support and engineering teams; someone that is just as comfortable answering technical client questions as they are creating a script to automate the processing of data.
Reporting to the Manager of Delivery and Support, you will serve as direct Tier II support for customers as well as the internal Global Delivery Team. You will interface with the Engineering and Product Management teams, providing feedback and creating solutions to bridge the gap between development, implementation and support.
What You Will Do
- Wow customers by solving new and interesting support requests in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot industrial wireless network issues remotely.
- Draw on your programming or scripting knowledge to create tools and enhancements while working closely with engineering.
- Build on your existing technical capabilities and add new skills and knowledge to your toolkit
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Previous experience in an end-user supporting role using a trouble ticketing system.
- Experience working in mining/field environments is desirable.
- Background in programming or DevOps
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for solving complex problems and learning new technologies.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills and ability to build rapport.
- Works well under pressure and within a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, or as part of the team as required.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Strong networking knowledge (TCP/IP, routing, L2/L3 switches, VLANs)
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Linux fundamentals and using the Linux command line (CLI)
- Familiar with scripting (Python/bash/Node), Ansible, Docker
- Knowledge of computer programming
- Wireless networking experience
- Health and Safety mindset
- 2-year post-secondary certificate in related field
- Cisco or other network Certification is an asset
Radio Frequency Engineer
The RF Engineer is responsible for the design and development of backhaul, distribution and client layers by using different technologies and vendors to provide a quality solution to 3D-P customers, while working under the oversight of the existing RF engineering team. This is a highly technical role that interfaces directly with customers for pre-and post-sales support, with Delivery specialists for deployment and with Project Management for the scheduling of service engagements.
Radio Propagation planning, modelling, technical report writing, and spatial data processing (using GIS software) are key activities for this role. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with exemplary attention to detail.
What You Will Do
- Travels to mine sites and conducts site surveys; RF propagation/interference studies, assessment of existing infrastructure, and completion of a site survey checklist.
- Development of wireless network architectures for mining clients. Assists the Customer Engagement Team with the development of a Site Assessment, and the creation of the associated rough order of magnitude Bill of Materials and wireless network design.
- Process and edit topographic information to build RF models with up-to-date client information.
- Responsible for the creation of detailed network designs, including infrastructure placement, backhaul links, Frequency Plans, Bill of Materials, and test plan documents.
- Develops Work Package documents for the installation team. Provides ad hoc professional services (consulting) as required.
- The accurate completion of all deployment process documentation and assisting in the formulation of new processes.
- Accompanies Customer Engagement Team member on customer meetings as required, providing technical expertise on 3D-P products, and assists in responses to RFI’s, etc.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Ability to work independently with a safety-first mindset.
- Accountability and ownership of tasks assigned to meet dates and expectations.
- Desired experience and understanding of radio test equipment (spectrum analyzers, protocol analyzers), basic networking: IP addressing, VLANs, protocols, radio propagation modelling, system reliability analysis
- Engineering degree (Masters preferred) with APEGA P. Eng eligibility and specialization in wireless/telecommunications.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to learn a variety of radio modelling tools: Pathloss and GlobalMapper
- LTE knowledge is an asset
This employee works primarily from the Calgary office. Periodic travel to site (Canada and US) to obtain field knowledge and perform testing may be required. The candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada and possess a valid passport.
The Technical Lead (“TL”) manages the installation of wireless network infrastructure which typically includes 3D-P proprietary Intelligent End Point solutions and third-party communication devices. The TL also provides onsite and remote support to our existing customer base using internal best practices and business knowledge as required.
The TL is responsible for the planning and performance of technical processes and the tactical management of the customer regarding these processes as they are performed during projects. This is both a technical and inter-personal role that interfaces directly with customers and 3D-P departments: Customer Engagement, Solutions, Product Development and Support. The TL works in close collaboration with the Project Manager, Solutions Architect, other Tech Leads, and Installers to achieve customer and 3D-P technical outcomes. Travel is required.
What You Will Do
- Oversees and audits a field team of installers and ensures fulfillment of the Work Package defined by the Solutions Architect.
- Works with the customer as a trainer, mentor, and certifier, to ensure installations are performed to 3D-P standards when providing installation labor.
- Ensures compliance with on-site safety regulations for all members of the installation team.
- Configures all 3D-P and third-party equipment in accordance with the detailed network design. Creates and maintains accurate time records for all completed work.
- Acts as the on-site technical point of contact for the client, installers, Solutions Architect, and third-party vendors. Performs material inventory and assessment verification.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, resource scheduling, and customer management. Proactively assess workflow, design methodology, and resources to minimize work cycles and provides feedback on the continuous improvement process.
- Provides technical expertise to other departments as required and participates in the development of proposals.
- Communicates to Project Managers all out-of-scope changes and additions to projects. Assumes an active role in the installation process. Coaches, mentors, and trains installers in 3D-P standard operating practices.
- Conducts regularly scheduled technical assessments of client sites. Responsible for the accurate and thorough completion of project-specific documentation. Works directly with the Solutions Architect in the commissioning of new wireless networks.
- Provides remote support to 3D-P clients and participates in an on-call rotation. Physical labor and agility, including working in/on and near heavy equipment, installation of wiring and components in tight areas, work at heights, extreme weather, underground, etc. Maintaining appropriate safety training for the performance of these duties is required.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Builds and maintains relationships within the company and with customers. Guides and educates customers and is attentive to customer concerns and requirements.
- Maintains a professional attitude even in stressful situations. Clearly articulates complex technical information in both written and oral forms.
- Takes responsibility for tasks and ownership of issues, with the ability to see these through to their conclusion.
- Understands and respects the differences, both in knowledge and personality, between people. Able to work collaboratively as a team and capable of working in isolation for periods of time.
- Able to write in a clear and concise manner with a focus on report writing. Competent at writing technical and project documents.
- Experience with wireless technology, preferably outdoor deployments. Understanding of Radio Frequency “RF”. Familiarity with computer networking, protocols, and operating systems (Windows, Linux).
- Resource industry experience (mining, gas, and oil) is highly regarded.
- Able to assist in the development of network designs.
- Able to help in the development of project processes.
- Competent in the operation of tools.
- Experience in cabling; both RF and Ethernet.
- Shows attention to detail and an inquisitive mind. Able to fault-find complex issues.
- Cisco, Rajant and Cambium certifications are an asset.
Looking for two positions, one position to work in our headquarters in Calgary, AB and one position to work in Safford, Arizona. The ability to travel internationally is required. A valid passport is required.
Technical Solutions Advisor
3D-P’s Technical Solutions Advisor (“TSA”) is a consultative sales position responsible for accelerating revenue growth within the assigned region or within specific accounts, by developing, maintaining and effectively managing those customer accounts. The TSA is responsible for achieving sales quotas and assigned objectives within their territory and with specific accounts. The TSA represents the entire range of 3D-P’s Products and Services to customers and prospects while leading the customer account planning cycle, setting and executing account strategy, and ensuring objectives and expectations are met.
Reports to the Global Sales Manager. Closely coordinates with Solutions Architect (“SA”) in consulting and designing solutions for customers within the assigned territory, or specifically assigned to the TSA. Works closely with the SA and the Delivery and Support groups for implementation resources, post-implementation support, as well as other sales and management resources as needed. Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management. Travel Required: 50%
What You Will Do
- Develop a strong understanding of 3D-P’s value as an integrator from a technical perspective.
- Establish a sales strategy for your territory and assigned customers, and effectively communicate these strategies to the Global Sales Manager, management, and other departments within 3D-P, to deliver on your assigned quota.
- Excel at identifying and explaining the 3D-P value proposition, along with succeeding at sales negotiations through close and delivery.
- Provide professional and motivating value prop and proposal presentations to your customers, clearly presenting the solutions 3D-P can deliver to the audience.
- Balance business development and customer management activities against hunting for new opportunities to effectively grow your sales pipeline while maintaining customer satisfaction and renewal.
- Establish a professional working and consultative relationship at the Site Champion level, as well as with corporate executives to interpret business requirements and challenges, translating them into technical solutions and professional services opportunities.
- Research and develop a communicable level of expertise in the mining industry, major players, technologies, new mines, trends, pain points, etc.
- Write and deliver high-quality proposals and RFQ/RFI responses. Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual quotas. Aggressively maintain a high level of customer loyalty, building trust, and integrity in the sales cycle.
- Work with the CSM to ensure references are received. Fully utilize the CRM system in management of your pipeline, entering key contacts to enable marketing to support your efforts, and ensuring the accuracy of all opportunity information, providing the business clear visibility of opportunities on a daily basis.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated 3-5 years of experience in leading complex deals and value-based selling. 2-3 years of sales experience within the mining industry.
- Proven relationship development and sales skills, with the ability and drive necessary to become a subject matter expert in mining technology systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred. A business degree with exposure to highly technical sales is also considered.
- The ability to develop & maintain relationships and deliver consultative sales within a very long sales/purchase cycle with challenges to maintaining those relationships and sales such as limited face-to-face interaction, multi-national and long-range communication, etc.
- Expertise in relationship management, forecasting metrics, technical sales, CRM usage.
- Understanding of radio and Wi-Fi communication networks favored, but not required.
- A self-starter who is driven to understand and share highly technical solutions.
Sales Operations and Customer Success Leader
A full-time opportunity for a motivated Sales Operations and Customer Success Leader has arisen at an exciting new phase of our global business. The role will see you using your sales, creative, and organizational skills to help in all aspects of global sales and marketing including quoting, sales performance tracking, advertising campaigns, customer communications, events and the development of sales and marketing collateral. You will be responsible for ensuring our team of Technical Solutions Advisors have the focus they need to sell while ensuring processes and systems are streamlined and leveraged to ensure customer and business needs are met.
What You Will Do
- Creating and following up on recurring and run-rate quotes.
- Championing our CRM which includes overall administration of our CRM tool, maintaining accuracy of data and providing required training for the sales team and all company users.
- Supporting the sales team with order processing, order tracking, order shipping and customer communication as required.
- Assistance in proofing and editing sales proposals, RFI and RFQ responses. Updating the company’s document management system as required.
- Working with the Director of Sales in recognizing, developing, and implementing process improvements within the Sales team. Creating and maintaining sales department policies, procedures, training manuals, and sales-related resource material. Managing and maintaining sales process adherence with Technical Solutions Advisors.
- Coordinating sales team training, including new hire onboarding as well as annual product training, etc.
- Developing and maintaining daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sales funnel reports and KPIs. Assisting management through the creation and maintenance of sales forecasting models and data.
- Assisting management and TSAs with pipeline and opportunity inspection. Building and maintaining customer relationships through regular contact via phone calls and email. Coordination of TSV from a sales perspective; working with the Global Delivery Team.
- Managing the tracking and renewals of SLAs.
- Working with the Support team to coordinate POs for RMAs.
- Other miscellaneous jobs as assigned.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- A positive can-do attitude – we are a small team, so being able to work with your peers and cross-functional teams is critical.
- The ability to understand and reiterate our technical value proposition, as well as the hardware and software component requirements for successful deployment.
- A minimum of 4 years of sales experience.
- Strong computer skills: experience with Adobe InDesign and WordPress and SEO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Solid command of the English language.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with a minimum of supervision. Identify problems and implement or recommend solutions.
- Creative flair coupled with strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- A valid passport with no travel restrictions; some travel may be required.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
Ready to make the jump?
If you’re interested in the following open position, please introduce yourself and send your resume to Careers@3d-p.com
Come and join the pioneers of broadband wireless data in mining. 3D-P is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, First Nations, Metis, Inuit, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence we encourage you to apply.